Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Nosebleed Narrator

On this day, the birth of "The Nosebleed", I feel compelled to begin with a brief introduction, although overrated, of who this writer is. As a reader of a lot of other sports writers' work, I know that a big part of the attention they get, is from the readers knowing who they are. So we'll try it, if it's lame, well then we'll just skip it and get right to sports...

Name's Derek Harguth, I'm a marketing major at PSU with a focus of sports. It's universally known that I love coffee, but what most people don't know is that I like it a whole lot more with the sports page. Just a heads up, I'm not going to be that guy that tries to say they're a bigger fan than everyone else and blah-blah-blah-blah. But I will say that I am a very big sports fan. I will watch all sports (doesn't mean i like all of them) ,at all times. My soft-spot it basketball. Wanna make small talk? dont bring up basketball!! you'll be sitting with me a for a very, very long time. Football, soccer/futbol, track, baseball, tennis....all the way down to curling and rowing!! Forewarning: I do not believe NASCAAR is a sport, you will not sell me on it (please try). I will get updates on it simply because ESPN has them; other than that, it's a no.

So there it is. Post 1 of "The Nosebleed". Any questions?!?!

...GOOD!!! Time to get down to the good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment